Walleye fillet amandine
- 4 X170 g (6 oz.) fresh Canadian walleye fillets, skin-on
- 180 ml (¾ cup) butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) slivered almonds, toasted
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) parsley or chives, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Generously season the walleye fillets with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat the oil with 30 ml (2 tbsp.) of butter. Score the skin of the fillets so that they do not curl when cooking. Once the butter is hot, place the fillets, skin down, in the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, then turn and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the rest of the butter and heat it until browned. Add the rest of the ingredients, then pour this mixture over the fish.
- Serve with rice pilaf and vegetables.