Turbot fillet with lemon
- 2 turbot fillets (approx. 1 kg or 2.2 lbs.), skin-on
- 2 lemons
- 200 ml (⅔ cup) fish stock
- 100 g (3.5 oz) sugar
- Fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 175 ºC (350 ºF)
- Trim the fillets and cut them into four pieces.
- Squeeze and zest one lemon. Confit the zest by putting it in a saucepan with the lemon juice and sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Supreme the second lemon and remove the wedges.
- Place the turbot pieces on a buttered baking pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon wedges and fish stock to the pan. Bake in the oven for 15 to 25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the turbot pieces (internal temperature must be 47ºC or 117ºF).
- When the fillets are cooked, place them on warm plates and distribute the lemon wedges among them. Place the baking pan on a burner and reduce the juices quickly until thickened. Add butter and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Pour the sauce over the turbot pieces and sprinkle them with lemon zest and fleur de sel.
- Serve with leek fondue or potatoes.