Tuna steak with mustard and maple
- 2 large tuna steaks, about 250 g each, sushi quality
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons olive oil + a little for cooking
- 1/2 teaspoons orange-coriander sea salt by Les Soeurs en Vrac
- Ground pepper
- Place the tuna in a large bowl and pour 3/4 of the marinade. Toss gently to coat and let marinate for 15 minutes on the counter.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add a thin stream of olive oil and spread well.
- Place the tuna steaks in the pan and cook for 1 minute. Flip and continue cooking 1 minute (or until desired doneness). Remove from the pan, place on a plate and let stand 2 minutes. Slice, place on the plates and drizzle with the remaining sauce. Serve with your favourite vegetables!