TROPICAL SHRIMP SALAD
- 450 g (1 lb.) thawed or fresh northern shrimp
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 whole pineapple with skin
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) vegetable or olive oil (light)
- 1 lime (zest and juice)
- 1 tbsp. ((15 ml) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) finely chopped fresh Thai basil
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 finely sliced bird’s eye chili or ½ cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise. Empty the inner part of the two halves to make bowls. Keep the flesh. Optional: grill each half on the barbecue to obtain grill marks. Set aside.
- Cut the flesh of the pineapple into small cubes. Keep the hollowed-out pineapple halves to serve the recipe.
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp, avocado, mango, pineapple, vegetable oil and lime. Mix well. Add all the mixed herb ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss again.
- Serve salad in pineapple halves for an appetizing presentation.