Lobster is here! Limited quantities.
Tilefish ceviche, onions and blood oranges
- 300 g (10 oz.) fresh tilefish, skin removed
- 7 blood oranges
- 1 red onion
- 125 ml (½ cup) vegetable oil
- Fleur de sel
- Cut the tilefish into the thinnest possible slices. Set aside in a bowl in the refrigerator.
- Halve 5 of the blood oranges and extract the juice. Set aside.
- Peel the other 2 blood oranges with a knife and remove the segments.
- Combine the juice with the orange pieces and add the vegetable oil. Cover the tilefish pieces with the marinade and refrigerate for about ten minutes. The fish must turn slightly white.
- Remove the fish slices from the marinade and serve them seasoned with fleur de sel, a few orange pieces and thinly sliced red onions on top. Serve with toast, if desired.