Tarragon salmon en papillote
- 300 g (10 oz) salmon (approx. 2 steaks), without the skin
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon
- 500 ml (2 cups) green beans, tails removed, blanched and cooled
- 60 ml (¼ cup) hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) lemon juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
- White butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 125 ml (½ cup) white wine
- 180 ml (¾ cup) cold butter, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Combine all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon steaks on a large piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and close the parcel tightly. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked
- Reduce the white wine with the shallot in a saucepan until it is almost dry. Add the cold butter, one cube at a time, whisking constantly. Season to taste.
- Pour the white butter over the salmon and serve with the bean and hazelnut salad.