Surf & turf burger with lobster tail
- 2 brioche burger buns
- 1.5 to 2 lbs cooked lobster
- 140 to 160 g marinated flank steak
- 2 slices Swiss or cheddar cheese
- Arugula (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 branch tarragon, chopped
- ½ lemon, juice only
- Mix all mayonnaise ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
- With the shellfish scissors, cut lobster tail in half. Remove meat. Set aside.
- Shell the lobster claws by splitting them in two with the cracker. Remove meat. Set aside.
- Turn on barbecue and heat to 400 oF. Place flank steak directly on grill. Grill each side for 3 to 4 minutes for medium-rare steak. Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the flank steak and type of grill. Set aside for 1 to 2 minutes.
- After, cut into 1⁄4-inch slices.
- Butter buns and place face down on the barbecue grill until slightly golden. Set aside.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on buns and add slices of flank steak, cheese, meat from the lobster claws and tail, and top with arugula.
- Bon appétit!