Steamed Garlic Oysters
- 12 fresh oysters of your choice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bird’s eye chili (2 to taste)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. white sugar
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 20 g rice vermicelli (of your choice)
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Fully submerge rice vermicelli in cold (or warm) water. Soften for 12 to 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Clean the oysters with cold water and a brush. With an oyster knife, open the shells and drain the liquid inside. Detach the muscle while leaving the flesh in the shell. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the chili pepper. Wait a few seconds, then add soy sauce, oyster sauce, and white sugar. Sauté ingredients until garlic is coloured.
- Spread vermicelli and garlic sauce over oysters.
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Place a steamer on the pot. Place oysters in the steamer and cover them. Steam for 3 minutes. Remove.
- Garnish with chopped green onion (to taste).