Snow crab with garlic and herbs butter
- 1/2 cup half-salted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley + a little for the service
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- 4 large crushed garlic cloves
- 2 cups white wine
- 3 celery stalks, cut into large pieces
- 1 yellow onion, cut into large pieces
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons peppercorns
- 4 large snow crabs, prepared
- Lemon carters
- In a large bowl, add the ingredients for the butter and season with salt and pepper. Pour on plastic wrap and roll tight to form a block. Reserve in the fridge for 1 hour. Melt half when it's time to eat.
- In a very large saucepan, bring about 10 litres of water to a boil. Add garlic, white wine, celery, onion, salt and pepper and mix. Cover, bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the crab legs, stir and cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the legs from the broth and drain. Serve with lemon wedges, garnish with fresh parsley and drizzle with garlic butter!