Salmon in a black curry marinade with herbed goat cheese
- Four 150 g (5 oz.) salmon fillets
- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) grapeseed oil
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) Madras curry
- 225 g (½ pound) fresh goat cheese
- 125 ml (½ cup) 35% cream
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) chives, minced
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) cilantro, minced
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) parsley, minced
- ½ lemon (juice and zest)
- 2 shallots, minced
- 500 ml (2 cups) peas
- Grapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the grapeseed oil and ground curry in a Ziploc bag, add the salmon, then remove as much air as possible from the bag. Marinate 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Place the goat cheese in a bowl and soften it with the cream. Add the herbs and lemon juice. Season, mix well, and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Sweat the shallots for 5 minutes in a hot, oiled nonstick skillet. Add the peas and sauté them a few minutes, then set aside in a bowl. Add a drizzle of oil and season.
- In another nonstick skillet, sear the salmon on one side for a few minutes until it is browned. Bake for about 7 to 8 minutes.
- For plating, place a spoonful of cheese on the dish, then add the pea mixture and the marinated salmon. Sprinkle with lemon zest.