Restaurant Mesón’s trout gravlax
- 1 X 450 g (1 lb.) brook trout, deboned, skin-on
- 80 g (2.8 oz) Marie-Fleur’s gravlax salt
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Hendrick’s gin
- 125 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) sherry vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch salt
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) herring caviar
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- Smoked paprika
- 4 green onions, minced
- Celery sprouts
- 20 radish slices
- 20 slices of Lebanese cucumbers
- Dampen the fish with the gin, then massage with the Marie-Fleur gravlax salt. Cover with plastic wrap and allow it to rest in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Combine all the vinaigrette ingredients and refrigerate for 24 hours also, in a pipette or a small bowl.
- Rinse the trout in cold water, slice it thinly and arrange the slices in layers, separating them with parchment paper or plastic wrap, then place them in the refrigerator.
- Arrange the slices of gravlax on an attractive white dish. Alternately, add the garnish ingredients and 60 ml (4 tbsp.) of the garlic vinaigrette.