Poached cod and leeks
- 2 leeks
- 450 g (about 1 lb.) baby potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 750 ml (3 cups) 1% milk
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) pink peppercorns
- 4 cod fillets (about 150 g each)
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
- Cut off the ends of the leeks, keeping only the white parts and slice them lengthwise.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the potatoes and whole cloves of garlic. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse and remove the garlic. Set aside.
- In another saucepan, bring to a boil the leeks, milk, butter, bay leaf and peppercorns. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the fish and simmer 5 minutes more or until the fish is cooked. Serve the fish with the leeks and potatoes. Garnish with dill.
Recipe presented in collaboration with Kilo Solution Magazine