Pan-seared walleye on the skin and tomato and eggplant confit with tarragon
- 4 fresh walleye fillets, skin-on 170 g (6 oz.) each
- 100 ml (6 tbsp.) olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 1 knob of butter
- 2 eggplants, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Generously season the walleye fillets with salt and pepper.
- Using half the oil, cook the garlic until golden, then add the eggplants. Sauté a few minutes, add the tomatoes and tarragon, then cook over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Heat the butter and oil together in a skillet. Score the skin of the walleye fillets so that they don’t curl up when cooked. Once the butter is very hot, place the walleye fillets, skin-side down, in the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, turn them over and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Serve with rice pilaf.