Pan-seared scallops, caramelized cauliflower puree, crispy quinoa, cilantro and cauliflower snow.
- 8 U-10 scallops
- 1 head cauliflower
- 250 ml (1 cup) puffed quinoa
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- A few cilantro leaves
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Grate 4 cauliflower florets to make the cauliflower snow. Set aside. Cut up the rest of the cauliflower and caramelize slowly in butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, covered, for about 20 minutes, adding a bit of water so that it doesn’t dry out. Puree in a food processor or blender. Season and set aside.
- Place the puffed quinoa on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil and bake for about 10 minutes until it becomes crispy. Season and set aside.
- In a hot, oiled, nonstick skillet, cook the scallops on one side, browning them well. Place in the oven a few minutes to finish cooking.
- To plate, draw a line of puree, then add the scallops, quinoa, cauliflower snow and cilantro.