Oven-baked halibut, squash puree and marinated squash
- 300 g (10 oz.) halibut (two 150 g or 5 oz. portions)
- Vegetable oil
- 1 small butternut squash
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) white vinegar
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 125 ml (½ cup) sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Halve the squash crosswise. Peel the top part of the squash and make shavings with a vegetable peeler. Set aside.
- Bring all the ingredients of the marinade to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat, add the squash shavings and allow it to cool completely.
- Take the second part of the squash, peel it and empty it; then cut it into same-size pieces.
- Place the squash pieces in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer approximately 20 minutes or until the squash is cooked. Drain the squash and combine it with the butter it in a blender until it has a smooth texture.
- Season and set aside.
- Season the halibut pieces on both sides and place them on an oiled baking sheet. Bake in a 175°C (350°F) oven for about 8 minutes or until the fish flakes.
- Serve the halibut with the puree and the marinated and drained squash shavings.