Monkfish tail with creamed leeks
- 4 monkfish fillets
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) fish stock
- 3 leeks, minced
- 1 bunch of parsley, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- ½ medium onion, minced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) white wine
- 60 ml (¼ cup) crème fraîche
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
- In a large, nonstick, oven-proof skillet, brown all sides of the monkfish fillets in butter. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add the onion and leek to the same skillet. Sweat a few minutes over low heat.
- Deglaze with the white wine, then add the fish stock and crème fraîche, the lemon juice and zest, and the monkfish fillets.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes to finish cooking.
- Serve with rice pilaf and your choice of vegetables.