Lake perch, egg tagliatelle and creamy mushroom sauce
- 2 lake perch fillets, 150 g (5 oz.) each, skin-on
- 175 g (6 oz.) egg tagliatelle
- 30 to 45 ml (2 to 3 tbsp.) vegetable oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) button mushrooms, sliced
- 250 ml (1 cup) oyster or shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) white wine
- 660 ml (¼ cup) milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley, removed from stem
- Cook the tagliatelle in salted boiling water. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, over high heat, sauté the mushrooms in oil until nicely browned. Reduce the heat and add the shallot and garlic, being careful to avoid browning them.
- Deglaze with the white wine and reduce by half. Add the milk and cream, then simmer for 5 minutes. Season.
- Season the perch fillets, cook them in a hot skillet with a bit of oil, skin-side down, for about 6 minutes or until the flesh is white three-quarters of the way through.
- Gently turn the fillets over and remove from the heat. Allow to rest for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms on the pasta and serve immediately the fillets on top with the flat-leaf parsley.