Grilled trout with fennel, orange and basil
- 2 small whole trouts, scaled and emptied
- Olive oil
- 1/2 small fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1 small orange, cut into half slices
- About 2 cups of fresh basil leaves
- "Salmon and Trout" Seasoning by Chef's Club
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Place the trouts on a work surface, oil the inside lightly and rub to coat well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the cavity with fennel, orange slices and basil leaves. Season generously with the “Salmon and Trout" spices.
Cuisson & montage
- Tie the trout tightly with string and stuff the fish as much as possible with the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle the skin of the trout with a thin stream of olive oil and season with the "Salmon and Trout" spices. Place the trout in the cooking basket and close.
- Preheat the BBQ at maximum power and reduce to medium power. Place the fish on the grates and cook for 8 to 10 minutes per side, or until the meat flakes easily with a fork. Remove the strings and serve immediately!
Creation of Samuel Joubert, Le coup de Grâce.