Grilled trout with fennel, orange and basil
- 2 small whole trout, scaled and emptied
- 1/2 small fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1 small orange, cut into half slices
- About 2 cups of fresh basil leaves
- "Salmon and Trout" Seasoning by Chef's Club
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Olive oil
- Place the trouts on a work surface, oil the inside lightly and rub to coat well. Season with salt and pepper. Fill the cavity with fennel, orange slices and basil leaves. Season generously with the “Salmon and Trout" spices.
- Tie the trout tightly with string and stuff the fish as much as possible with the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle the skin of the trout with a thin stream of olive oil and season with the "Salmon and Trout" spices. Place the trout in the cooking basket and close.
- Preheat the BBQ at maximum power and reduce to medium power. Place the fish on the grates and cook for 8 to 10 minutes per side, or until the meat flakes easily with a fork. Remove the strings and serve immediately!
Creation by Samuel Joubert, Le coup de Grâce.