Fillet of Arctic char amandine
- 4 X 170 g (6 oz.) fresh Arctic char fillets, skin-on
- 180 ml (¾ cup) butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) slivered almonds, toasted
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) parsley or chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Generously season the Arctic char fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil and 30 ml (2 tbsp.) of butter in a skillet. Score the skin of the fillets so that they don’t curl up. Once the butter is very hot (browned), place the fillets in the skillet, skin-side down. Cook for 5 minutes, then turn over and cook an additional 3 minutes. Set the fish aside, keeping it warm.
- In the same skillet, add the rest of the butter and heat it until browned. Add the rest of the ingredients, then pour this mixture over the fish.
- Serve with rice pilaf and vegetables.