Braised salmon chasseur
- 4 X 170 g (6 oz.) True North salmon steaks
- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) olive oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) mixed sliced mushrooms
- 125 ml (½ cup) red wine
- 125 ml (½ cup) Passion de la Mer fish stock
- 60 ml (¼ cup) 35% cream
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 5 sprigs tarragon
- 1 clove garlic
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper, then heat the steaks, skin-side up, in a hot skillet until nicely browned. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown the garlic and onions. Add the sliced mushrooms. Sauté 5 to 10 minutes.
- Deglaze with red wine, add the fish stock, minced tarragon and salmon steaks. Cover, and once it has come to a boil, reduce the heat by half.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes. Add the cream and correct the seasoning.
- Serve with rice or pasta and your choice of vegetables.