BBQ grilled Cajun lobster tails
Cajun spices blend :
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Other ingredients :
- 1/2 cup butter + 2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup celery finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 6 fresh lobster tails, halved lengthwise
- Fresh chives, chopped
- In a bowl, add the ingredients for the Cajun spices and mix well. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/2 cup butter and add onion, bell pepper and celery. Season with salt and pepper and stir. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add remaining butter, white wine followed by 2 tbsp. Cajun spices and mix. Cook 1 minute while stirring. Pour into a blender and puree. Book.
- Preheat the BBQ to maximum intensity and reduce to medium intensity. Oil grills with vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle the flesh of the lobster tails with some Cajun spice.
- Place the tails on the grills, flesh down, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the tails and continue cooking for 4 to 5 minutes, basting regularly with the Cajun butter, until the flesh is cooked and opaque.
- Serve immediately and garnish with fresh chives!
Creation of Samuel Joubert, Le Coup de Grâce.