Lobster poutine with bisque sauce
- 750 g Cavendish Fries "restaurant style"
- 2 lobsters of about 1 1/2 lb each
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup (prepared) butter and garlic sauce by Chef's Club
- 300 g cheese curds
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup commercial lobster bisque, hot
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 140g (about 1 cup) Le Migneron de Charlevoix cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place French fries on a large baking sheet and cook about 25 minutes or as directed on the package. Keep warm.
- In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, cook lobsters 1 minute and remove from the water. Let cool a few minutes. Shell the lobsters and chop the meat coarsely. Keep the claw meat intact for the filling. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour, mix to form a roux cook for 2 minutes stirring.
- Add milk, lobster bisque, white wine, Italian spices and paprika, season with salt and pepper and mix. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring with a whisk, or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Close the heat, add half of the cheese (keep the rest for the poutine !!!) and mix to melt. Keep warm and add a little milk if it becomes too thick.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter, add lobster meat along with butter and garlic sauce. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring. Keep warm.
- Build your poutine! In a large plate, add half the fries, a few pieces of cheese curds and half of the lobster meat. Add remaining fries, grated cheese and lobster meat and cover with bisque sauce to taste. Bury with cheese curds, garnish with lobster claws and green onion slices. Serve immediately!